When Indian Motorcycle wanted to re-launch their product with updated electronic controls, they could not use conventional switches to interface with the ECU (Engine Control Unit) and they needed something that was stylish, rugged and low cost. They needed a set of 5 switches that met much the same set of requirements.
- The feel was very important for the start switch and had to look like it belonged on a high end motorcycle
- The small size and shape provided challenges for the package and the feel
- Industrial and Mechanical Design
- LED Lighting Design
- IP67 design and testing
- Industrial Design of the start switch matches the look and feel of high end cruising motorcycle
- The Two accessory switches back mount in the tank bezel to give a built in look
- Snap dome technology gave them the feel they needed with a high reliability, signal level, low cost switch
- Ruggedized and waterproof design meets and exceeds the requirements for a motorcycle environment.