A DNA marine products customer needed a method to install new sounding transducers without having to re-install the entire cable run. The device must support 10 conductors, be waterproof, and be easy for users to install in a boat, perhaps in tight quarters.
- Standard inline connectors require either crimping or soldering; assuming skills and tools the normal boat owner may not have
- Already had an IP67, 6 conductor inline cable splice
- Designed and tooled a 10 conductor IP67 cable splice
- New 10 conductor splice was not much larger than the 6 conductor splice thanks to our clever industrial design with a 2pc terminal block insert, allowing maximum use of internal space
- New splice uses same hex wrench tool for set screw terminals as the 6 conductor model; one tool is shipped with each unit so that’s all the end user needs to buy