DNAA worked with a large OEM of action cameras who was experiencing quality problems with their current vendor.
- Bubbles formed after the gluing process, which caused problems with creating a waterproof seal.
- A poor seal allowed water to ingress the electronics of the camera and malfunction.
- Plastic shell strain relief was poor and damaged the cable.
- DNAA supplier made adjustments to the customer’s existing cable assembly and plastic housing.
- The defect rate was significantly reduced due to an improvement made to the housing, and the supplier was able to provide a cost savings to the customer.
- A proper seal was introduced and the cable assembly meets IP67 testing standards.
- Doubled the plastic shell strain relief to 16.15 kg.