Customer was having problems with a new MicroSIM card holder design and came to DNA Asia for help.
- Project was already behind schedule when DNAA was called
- DNAA looked at initial design and presented 3 ideas the next day to improve it, all suggestions were adopted.
- Added convex shape to shell to increase strength.
- Changed contact profile, gradually widened from head to tail to make them stronger.
- Reduced the ramp angle from 55° to 45° to make it easier to insert SIM card.
- DNA Asia completed F1 samples only 6 weeks after receipt of request. The product exceeded customer requirements and helped bring the schedule back in line.